Today is a big day, friends. It marks the beginning of a 6-week long campaign where Made for Freedom is encouraging you to get spread the word that everyone is made for freedom.
Here's the gist of it:
Dignified employment, freedom, fair wages, equality in the workplace, empowerment for marginalized people --- these are all things that Made for Freedom stands for. This campaign will give you a voice and a platform, along with others, to say that you want to live a life that empowers people.
We're asking people to post a video, sign the pledge, and start a movement. As a special incentive, we'll be offering prizes for the best videos - each week and overall.
So, I'm Made for Freedom - what do I do?
1. Sign the pledge.
3. Invite your friends and family to sign the pledge and make videos, too!
4. Look for ways to make it part of your life:
- Learn about the issue
- What leads to vulnerabilities?
- Who are the people who benefit from trafficking?
- What does exploitation look like today? (US and abroad)
- How can we disrupt the cycles that are exploiting people?
- What does rescuing and restoring involve?
- How does one return and reintegrate?
- Which companies are providing dignity through their supply chain?
- Raise awareness by sharing with others
- Host an event to discuss the issues and possible solutions.
- Follow, share, retweet, pin stories about it.
- Make choices with your purchases that provide dignity
- Ask your favorite brands about their supply chain and treatment of employees.
We're excited to see your videos! Let the campaign begin!